To download the latest version of Torch, click here
What are the system requirements for running Torch on my computer?
To use Torch, it is recommended that you use the following system requirements:
- Windows OS (XP with Service Pack 2+, Vista, Win7, Win8)
- 100 MB of free disk space
- 128 MB RAM
Which Operating Systems support Torch?
Torch is currently designed to be used on Windows (Win8, Win7, XP and Vista).
What is Torch?
Torch is a free and unique software that combines powerful browsing with built-in media downloading and sharing features.
Torch Browser is based on the Chromium source code, which gives it fast browsing capabilities. With Torch, you can share sites you like, download torrents, accelerate downloads and grab videos - all directly from the browser. Everything you need is just a click away with Torch, so you don't have to use or download additional programs and tools.
What unique features does Torch offer?
- Built-in Torrent - with Torch, downloading and managing torrents is easy. You download torrents directly from the browser without having to download additional software.
- Media Grabber - Torch lets you easily save web videos and audio from virtually any site. Torch's media grabber is integrated into the browser and supports a broad range of file types, so once you find a web video or audio you want to save, you can easily grab and save it without having to use external programs, converters or extensions.
- Easy Sharing - Share sites, videos, audio and search results with your friends on Facebook and your followers on Twitter.
- Download Accelerator - (Coming soon) Speed up the download rate of your media files with a powerful download accelerator that is integrated into Torch. Torch's accelerator downloads your files in optimal speed and works directly from your browser.
Is Torch browser as fast as the regular chromium browsers?
Since it is based on the Chromium source code, Torch is as fast as the new generation of browsers. Torch offers you super browsing experience with its strong and fast search capabilities.
With Torch, you will get broad, relevant and accurate search results in no time, combined with browsing features and winning add-ons that you already like and are familiar with from other Chromium-based browsers.
Does Torch have any access to my private data?
Torch does not automatically collect any private data on or through our website, except when you voluntarily provide it through your communications with us.
Does Torch contain adware and spyware?
No, Torch is 100% safe to use, and does not include any spyware or adware.
I installed Torch, and a new toolbar appeared on another browser. Why?
Torch didn't do anything! In some cases, an optional toolbar may be offered as part of Torch's installation process. This usually happens when Torch is not downloaded from www.torchbrowser.com, but rather from a download site or after clicking a banner ad. Torch itself does not allow toolbars, but they can appear on other browsers on your PC. Any such offer (toolbar or other) is completely optional and Torch will work just fine without it. Please refer to the toolbar's uninstall instructions if needed. The best way to download Torch is from www.torchbrowser.com – it will not include any offers.
How to change language
Adjust fonts, languages, and encodings
Torch's font and language settings let you read the web and use the browser in your native tongue. Follow these steps to change these settings:
- Click the Torch Settings button on the browser toolbar [top right corner].
- Select Options.
- Click Under the hood and go to the Web Content section.
Here are the various settings you can adjust:
- Browser interface language
- Webpage language preferences
- Default fonts and encodings
Features and How-To's
Can I import my search history and favorite sites saved from a different browser?
Yes you can, go to: Settings Bookmarks Import bookmarks and settings
Choose the browser from which you want to import and the sites you want to import, and click on the 'Import' button.
Where can I find my bookmarks?
Your bookmarks can be found at: Settings Bookmarks
Please note that by choosing "Show bookmarks bar"
, the items you have added to the bookmarks bar will be displayed below the address bar.
How can I set a homepage?
Go to: Settings Options Basics Home page
and insert the URL of the site that you want to open with Torch.
What is a torrent-file? Why is it preferable to download torrents?
A torrent is a small target file that stores metadata on a particular file on the network. It doesn't contain any information about the content of the file; but rather information about the location of different pieces of the target file. The torrent system works by dividing the target file into small chunks of information. This way, users can download large files quickly.
With Torch's Torrent Downloader, the torrent files you select will automatically be added to the torrent manager, and the downloading process will begin immediately.
Can I limit my downloading and uploading speed?
Yes, you should go to:Settings Options Torrent settings.
Constant speed limit
Under the Speed limits section, you can control the download and upload speeds by selecting your preferable values for the speed limits.
Alternative speed limit
When you choose the Alternative speed limit, you control the speed and duration of the uploads and downloads. You can turn this option On/Off manually or schedule times for it to apply.
Please note that the alternative limits you set will apply only when the "Speed limit button" that appears on the Torrent tab is "On".
Can I limit my downloading and uploading speed?
The downloading speed depends on several factors; here are some ways to improve it:
- The number of 'Peers' (any user that takes part in the downloading/uploading process) and 'Seeds' (any user who completed download the file you want, and willing to share it) should be big as possible - the higher the better.
- Limit your upload speed - you can manage that in the 'Torch torrent settings' section.
- Share your torrent files - keep your torrents in the "Seeding" status to upload and share them with more users. This way you will get more bandwidth and your download speed will increase.
Does Torch torrent support magnet links?
Yes it does. You can download torrents using magnet link the same easy way you download regular torrent files with Torch.
How can I make Torch my default torrent client?
You can make Torch your default Torrent client even if you already have a client.
Click on Settings Options Basics Default torrent
, and click on the "Make Torch my default browser"
How do I download videos using the Media-grabber?
Torch lets you not only find videos and audio, but also easily save web videos and audio from virtually any site. Once you find a web video or audio you want to save, you just click on the Media grabber button and save it to your computer without having to use external programs, converters or extensions.
The downloaded files will be saved to your default "Downloads" folder.
What types of files can I download using the media grabber?
Torch's media grabber supports MP3 files for audio, and a broad range of video file types, including FLV, MP4, MOV and more.
When there is more than one video or audio on the same page, which file gets downloaded?
The most recent file that you started playing will be the one that will be downloaded on to your computer.
What does the built-in "Share" button do? How do I use it?
Click on the "Share" button when you want to share sites, videos, songs and search results with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. If you are not signed in to Facebook or Twitter from your computer, you'll be required to do so when you press the button for the first time.
Does Torch require access to my Facebook account and personal details?
No. Your Facebook's details are required only if you want to share information on your Facebook account. These details are not stored on Torch in any form.
Fix a problem
You may see the "Aw, Snap!" message if a webpage crashes unexpectedly.
If a webpage crashes unexpectedly, you can simply reload the page.
If you're seeing the "Aw, Snap!" message for every page you visit, try the solutions below:
Check your anti-virus and firewall applications:
Some anti-virus or firewall applications, such as Symantec Endpoint Protection, can prevent Torch Browser from working properly. Test whether such applications on your computer are causing the error by turning them off temporarily. Then try opening Torch Browser again. If you are able to open the browser, you'll need to create an exception in your anti-virus or firewall settings for Torch Browser. Once you've done so, you can then re-enable the applications.
Conflicting applications that users have reported include the following:
- Spyware Doctor
- Comodo firewall
- McAfee Enterprise
- McAfee Virus Scan
Check your extensions:
Try disabling your extensions one by one to see if a particular extension is causing the problem:
- Click the Settings button on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- On the Extensions page, click Disable for the extension you'd like to temporarily remove.
Check for malware:
Use the latest version of Unthreat anti-virus software to check your computer for malware.
Create a new user profile:
If the browser continues to display the "Aw, Snap!" message, your user profile may be corrupted.
To create a new user profile, follow these steps:
- Exit Torch.
Find the "Default" folder. It's usually located in the following locations:
Windows XP: %localappdata%\Torch\User Data
Windows Vista and Windows 7: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Torch\User Data
- Rename the folder as "Backup default."
- Restart Torch.
Report an issue, contact support, or just share feedback
We'd love to hear from you!
If you would like to report an issue or share your feedback please do so by clicking here
Your feedback is used to diagnose problems and help improve the Torch Browser.
Media Grabber doesn't recognize the video / audio
We're working hard to ensure that Torch's Media Grabber recognizes videos and audio on most of the web's popular video and audio sharing sites. However, there may be certain websites or instances where media files aren't recognized.
In such cases, please try the following:
- Refresh the tab.
- Switch to another tab, and then back again.
- With some files it might take a while for the Media Grabber to recognize the video/audio file, so it might take a few minutes longer than usual to download.
If none of these suggestions work, please go to: Settings Tools Report an issue…
and use the feedback system to send the unsupported URL to our support team.
Report an issue
The videos downloaded by Media Grabber comes out in low quality
Torch's Media grabber downloads videos in the same format and resolution you watched it online.
To increase your video's quality, try to enlarge the movie's resolution, and then try to download it again.
Torch crashes or gets stuck
If Torch crashes or gets stuck repeatedly, try to re-install it (Click here
to download an up-to-date installation file).
In case re-installing the browser doesn't work, please go to: Settings Tools Report an issue…
and use the feedback system to refer this issue to our support team.
In your feedback, please list the OS version you use, your processor and the installed RAM.
Web page not available errors
"This webpage is not available" (Network errors 2, 101, 102, 104, and 105)
This message displays when Torch is unable to find and load the requested webpage.
Check your web address and Internet connection:
Double-check the URL in the address bar to make sure you're going to the right web address. If you've confirmed that you're going to the right web address, check whether you can open the same webpage in another browser, such as Internet Explorer or Firefox. If you can't see the webpage in any browser, the webpage may be temporarily down. You should also make sure you're properly connected to the Internet.
Check the error you're receiving:
If you can load the webpage using another browser, but not Torch, check the exact error you're getting by clicking the More information
on this error link on the page.
For the following errors, try the solutions below:
- Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET)
- Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED): Unknown error
- Error 104 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED)
- Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)
- Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error
Other possible solutions:
- Check for malware.
- Clear your cookies.
- Make sure Torch is allowed in your antivirus and firewall settings.
- Adjust your proxy settings.
- Disable your extensions in Torch. Then re-open Torch and try again.
1. Torch screen is completely black/white and not responding.
This problem is related to the latest windows update and should be resolved soon, in order to fix it now please do the following:
Navigate to torch://settings/, scroll down and open the "Advanced" settings. Find the "System" section there and disable the "Use hardware acceleration when available" option.
If you cannot open "Settings”, please do the following:
- Right click on the Torch icon on your desktop and select "Properties"
- Select "Shortcut" there
- In the "Target" box, please add one of the following commands, after the file location:
- a. --disable-direct-composition
- b. --disable-gpu
- Run Torch
2. How do I get 64-bit Torch for my 64-bit Windows?
Torch version is 32-bit version, this version works well on both 32-bit and 64-bit operation systems.
3. Magnet links are opened in Torch Torrent even though I have another torrent program set as default.
Some popular Torrent apps are not adapted properly to support Windows 8 or Windows 10. They do not usually have the correct protocol to take the magnet links association. However, Torch has. This is the reason why Windows may detect Torch as the only appropriate program for this protocol and keeps magnet links associated with it. We do not control this but what you can do is report this issue to the other program’s developers to help them improve their product.